[flashrom] Chip AT26DF321-SU is recognized as AT25DF321

The_Raven Raven originalraven at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 23 08:39:53 CET 2017

Hello
I discovered that the chip "AT26DF321-SU" is recognized as "AT25DF321".

This is the output from a "AT26DF321-SU":
Probing for Atmel AT25DF321, 4096 kB: probe_spi_rdid_generic: id1 0x1f,
id2 0x4700
Found Atmel flash chip "AT25DF321" (4096 kB, SPI) on serprog.
Chip status register is 0x1c.
Chip status register: Sector Protection Register Lock (SRPL) is not set
Chip status register: Bit 6 is not set
Chip status register: Erase/Program Error (EPE) is not set
Chip status register: WP# pin (WPP) is not asserted
Chip status register: Software Protection Status (SWP): all sectors are
protected
Chip status register: Write Enable Latch (WEL) is not set
Chip status register: Write In Progress (WIP/BUSY) is not set

It seems that both chips have the same ID's.

I have readed and written the "AT26DF321-SU" and it worked.
If you need more informations or if i should test something -> Let me
know. Greetings

Greetings