[flashrom] Write access to wiki (Was: Re: Flashrom wiki "Supported programmers" page: Beaglebone Black not listed.)

Sam Kuper sam.kuper at uclmail.net
Sat Mar 18 19:26:00 CET 2017

On 18/03/2017, Luc Verhaegen <libv at skynet.be> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 05:52:28PM +0000, Sam Kuper wrote:
>> On 18/03/2017, Luc Verhaegen <libv at skynet.be> wrote:
>> > Also, Sam, it's a wiki.
>>
>> Yes, but it has no obvious way to create an account ;) I guess I could
>> request one, here on the mailing list, but [...]
>
> This is currently an issue with both coreboot and flashrom. People
> cannot easily get a wiki account, and those more involved are all
> whining that the wiki is not useful. There's a connection.

I didn't find it an issue with Coreboot.
https://www.coreboot.org/Special:UserLogin has information about how
to request an account, and the process worked smoothly.

https://www.flashrom.org/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin doesn't
have information about how to request an account. *It should do.* But,
as I say, the main reason I don't have an account on the Flashrom wiki
is not that I couldn't guess how to request one, but rather that I
haven't requested one. (I hope that if I did request one, and gave a
good reason for doing so, the request would be granted.)

Anyway, thanks :)