[flashrom] Flashrom wiki "Supported programmers" page: Beaglebone Black not listed.

Sam Kuper sam.kuper at uclmail.net
Sat Mar 18 17:45:14 CET 2017

The BeagleBone Black (aka "BBB") is recommended by the Libreboot
developers for use with Flashrom: "We recommend this product because
we know that it works well for our purposes and doesn't require any
non-free software." https://libreboot.org/docs/install/bbb_setup.html

However, it is missing from the "Supported programmers" page of the
Flashrom wiki: https://www.flashrom.org/Supported_programmers

This is quite a surprising omission, given the fact that it is
recommended by Libreboot.

It does seem to have been given some cursory attention on the Flashrom
wiki here: https://www.flashrom.org/BBB .

If anyone who has a BBB and has write access to the Flashrom wiki
feels like fleshing out the latter page and linking it from the
"Supported programmers" page, this would probably be very helpful for
(potential) BBB owners who might not otherwise realise that Flashrom
supports the BBB.