[flashrom] building flashrom for windows

Phillip Vallejo pvallejo at pacificbiosciences.com
Tue Jan 10 02:11:49 CET 2017

I know that in general we should be able to build flashrom for windows. From previous posts it looks like the https://www.flashrom.org/Windows page is out of date. But I have a few questions on how to proceed:

  1.  Has anyone had luck with building a working flashrom for windows with one of the newer versions (flashrom 0.9.7 or later...) and preferably newer libusb 1.0 and libftdi 1.0?
  2.  Is there any reason to think the build task would be easier on linux crosscompiling for windows rather than building thru mingw on windows?

Any helpful recommendations appreciated.
Thanks,
-Phil