[flashrom] FlashRom DOS - Pickit2

Chris Nother cnother at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:17:54 CET 2017

Hello,
I am trying to use Flashrom with the Pickit2 but I get the following output
within a DOS window:

*C:\Users\cnoth\Downloads>flashrom -p pickit2_spi*
*flashrom v0.9.9-1-stable-f5dd7ce on Windows 6.2 (x86_64)*
*flashrom is free software, get the source code at https://flashrom.org
<https://flashrom.org>*

*Calibrating delay loop... OK.*
*Could not find a PICkit2 on USB!*
*Error: Programmer initialization failed.*

I have checked that the Pickit2 is recognised on the USB bus by using the
standalone Microchip Pickit2 programmer and by looking at the hardware ID
in control panel. I haver also tried other USB ports on my Intel NUC PC.

I downloaded the latest binary from the buildbot archive.
Are there any particular requirements for Flashrom that I may have missed?

Chris Nother