[flashrom] particular spi flash controller

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 1 09:11:50 CET 2017

Hello.

I wonder if anyone here encountered an SPI flash controller (master) that has a
three register interface where the first register is used for control and status
bits, the second register is used for setting a flash address (if one is needed)
and the third is used for reading or writing the flash data.  A specific
operation is requested by writing an SPI opcode into the control register.
The interface seems to be rather simple, but I couldn't find any driver that
implements access to anything like that or any documentation that would describe
a similar interface.

Does it sound familiar to anyone?
Could anyone give me some hints / pointers?

Thanks!

--
Andriy Gapon