[flashrom] linux_spi:speed does not work?

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Thu Aug 24 10:45:19 CEST 2017

On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 06:44:13 +0000
"Hänel-Baas, Alexander" <alexander.haenel-baas at sieb-meyer.de> wrote:

> You are right: 50Mhz is a high spi speed. In the data sheet from Spansion chip is
> described: "Normal READ 40Mhz, Fast READ 104MHz.

And they don't mention the legal RDID frequency at all... but I'd assume
40MHz as well.

> But the important question is:
> Why does the linux spidev use the wrong spi speed and was called repeatedly?
> In my test prog when we called ioctl(*spi_cs_fd, SPI_IOC_WR_MAX_SPEED_HZ, &spi_speed)
> the linux driver was called repeatedly too.

Yeah, I first thought it might be flashrom's shutdown/restore on exit
but that can't be the case... so again I expect the kernel driver doing
something wrong.

> So i will ask my question in the linux_spi mailing list.

Please report back when you find something out, thanks.