[flashrom] Using libflashrom from fwupd

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 11:42:14 CEST 2017

On 17 August 2017 at 10:30, Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at gmx.at> wrote:
> Am I the only one seeing a contradiction to what you wrote half an hour
> ago (below)? Did I miss something?

Well, what I was trying to say (perhaps badly) that if we must "go
backwards" for a very good technical reason then we need to
communicate this to the user. In an ideal world we'd just be able to
write 0..100 then verify 0..100, but in the real worlds we have
blocks, erases, retries and all that jazz. So if we do need to handle
a "retry" we need a way to map the event to something we can show in
the UI to explain what we're doing.

Richard.