[flashrom] Using libflashrom from fwupd

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Thu Aug 17 11:18:18 CEST 2017

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 09:58:25 +0100
Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> If the percentage does go backwards then we need to give the user a
> really good reason of why, otherwise users *will* file issues and bugs
> about it.

However, this is inevitable sometimes as explained before... so maybe
we need some additional message passing indicating the different
reasons for a "change of plans" so that the UI can react? (which is
exactly the type of complication I wanted to avoid ;)
The other alternative to that (besides not showing exact progress) would
be to stall it while the action catches up again but that's according
to your suggestions re. "percent" not feasible either (and I fully
agree).