[flashrom] Query Reg excluding the dependency with the libusb and libftdi

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Tue Oct 25 22:21:34 CEST 2016

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 2:29 AM, RAJESH DASARI <raajeshdasari at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Could some one please tell me is there any way to remove the
> dependency with the libusb and libftdi while building the flashrom
> binary .
>
> I use flashrom tool only to the flash the BIOS not for any USB device.
> I don't need support for  FT2232, Dediprog or USB-Blaster.

There are several CONFIG_* variables that can be (un)set when you
build flashrom. They are listed under "Default settings of CONFIG_*
variables" in the Makefile, and you can change the defaults however
you like. You probably only need CONFIG_INTERNAL enabled for your
desired use case.

Alternatively, you can look at the output of the make command to see
what's being included by default and override the default. For
example, to explicitly disable USB Blaster you can use run
"CONFIG_USBBLASTER_SPI=no make".

--
David Hendricks (dhendrix)
Systems Software Engineer, Google Inc.