[flashrom] FreeBsd killed my BIOS

Christopher Robinson chrisrobinson at rocketmail.com
Fri Oct 21 15:59:55 CEST 2016

After a clean install of FreeBsd, my Sun Ultra 20 x86 AMD64 desktop would not reboot.I only got the Sun Microsytems logo on my monitor, nothing else happened. I think I needto reflash the BIOS and would like to do this with flashrom. However, I see that no live cdsare available. I plan to try Hiren's (earlier on I tried out systemrescue for another issue,with no success). However, I don't see how this will boot the system without first flashing theBIOS, if that is the problem. Sort of a Catch-22. The same seems to apply to Parted Magic.