[flashrom] How to only flash BIOS region on braswell.

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Wed Nov 23 13:23:43 CET 2016

On 23.11.2016 08:46, Sampson Lee wrote:
> Hi Nico,
>
> The BIOS bin and log in attachment.
the `--layout` parameter needs a special file that only specifies the
layout. You'd still give your flash image to the `-w` parameter. Please
read the section about the `--layout` parameter in the flashrom manual
page (e.g. [1]).

As you are working with coreboot, you can generate the layout file from
the flash image with ifdtool's `-f` parameter (it's in util/ifdtool/ in
the coreboot source tree).

Hope that helps,
Nico

[1] https://linux.die.net/man/8/flashrom