[flashrom] SPI support for intel i82580

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 23 09:35:04 CET 2016

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 09:01:48 +0100 (CET)
Michael Stickel <ms at mycable.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have a added and tested support for the intel i82580 to the nicintel_spi driver.
> Is anyone else working on that topic or should I post the patch. This could conflict with the i350 patch http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/4394/.
> Should our patch be based on a clear 0.9.9 release or on a 0.9.9 + i350 patch.
>
> Background: the intel i82580 quad ethernet controller has two memories. One 16KB or 32KB spi-eeprom for MAC address and other configurations and one 512KB spi-flash for the firmware.
> the spi-eeprom can be written with the driver nicintel_eeprom. We made the nessesary modifications in the nicintel_spi driver based on the 0.9.9 release.

Hello Michael,

we have no idea if the i350 patch really works and we won't merge it
till someone has tested it. Thus your approach of basing it on the last
commit (i.e. on the 0.9.9 release) is just fine. The conflicts can't be
too bad anyway since the i350 patch is not large at all. Thanks in
advance for the patch!