[flashrom] Problems with CH341A

potato potato_bag at openmailbox.org
Tue Jun 7 18:59:00 CEST 2016

Anybody here have ever used a CH341A with a MX25L6405D?

(my English is not very good, it may sound a little weird)

I'm having problems because it can't find the MX25L6405D.

I know that the programmer works, since I was able to make goods dumps
of a MX25L8006 that was on a old router, but I was not able to detect a
MX25L6405D that was on my Thinkpad X200 (it could not even find a chip).
I know it is not a problem with the SOIC16 clip that I used since I was
able to use it on a rayer_spi device.

I not really sure if this is correct but, I saw that could be a bug on
the code of the program that the CH341A port was based on:
https://blog.danman.eu/ch341a-usb-serial-eeprom-reader-under-linux/

I still didn't tried this version of the ch341prog because right now i
don't have the time, but I will do eventually.

I used the 0.9.9 of flashrom.

Sorry if I caused any problems, Potato