[flashrom] [v3,2/2] ENE KB9012 EC flashrom patch - Bug report

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Sun Jan 31 09:59:36 CET 2016

Le samedi 30 janvier 2016 à 19:50 +0100, Idwer Vollering a écrit :
> > Good day! I applied your most recent KB9012 flashrom patch to the
> > latest
> > flashrom copy, and tried to compile it for testing with my KB9012
> > chip.
> > However, I have encountered the following error:
> >
> > flashchips.c:3209:19: error: 'FEATURE_ERASED_ZERO' undeclared here
> > (not in a
> > function)
> >    .feature_bits = FEATURE_ERASED_ZERO,
> >                    ^
> > make: *** [flashchips.o] Error 1
> >
> > FEATURE_ERASED_ZERO is not declared anywhere, neither in latest
> > flashrom
> > revisions, nor in older flashrom revisions. Dont know why nobody
> > noticed
> > this problem before me...
>
> It is defined in a pending patch:
> http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2015-November/013969.html

That's right, that patch is indeed needed.
My tree is at: http://git.code.paulk.fr/gitweb/?p=flashrom.git;a=shortl
og;h=refs/heads/next (next branch)

> > Then, I thought it could be a good idea to replace this undeclared
> > value
> > with zero:
> >    .feature_bits = 0,
>
> FEATURE_ERASED_ZERO definitely does not equal 0.

That feature is required to properly program the chip, indeed!

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Replicant is a fully free Android distribution running on several
devices, a free software mobile operating system putting the emphasis
on freedom and privacy/security.

Website: https://www.replicant.us/
Blog: https://blog.replicant.us/
Wiki/tracker/forums: https://redmine.replicant.us/