[flashrom] Issue with internal access to the W39V040FB

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Jan 23 17:51:27 CET 2016

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 19:32:14 +0300
Andrey Korolyov <andrey at xdel.ru> wrote:

> BTW, are there still any FWH-capable romulators in production? Looks
> like most of sockets from this era has been designed without bearing
> in mind possibility of the in-scheme reprogramming, but the only
> romulators I`ve seen on ebay are ancient devices bundled with software
> on floppies...

You might be interested in https://www.coreboot.org/FlexyICE
I have just discovered that project a few weeks ago myself so I cannot
give much more information than that. It is probably not purchasable
anymore but open enough that one could build something new from that.
Sooner or later I am planning to give a related projected out as
Bachelor or Master thesis but that will take a while (and would
probably be SPI-related).