[flashrom] Getting started with flashrom and GSoC

Hatim Kanchwala hatim at hatimak.me
Sat Jan 23 16:24:44 CET 2016

Hello!

I am Hatim Kanchwala from India. I am a sophomore pursuing Bachelor's in
Electrical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Patna. I
came across flashrom through coreboot's GSoC page. I am aspiring to
apply for GSoC 2016.

I have looked through flashrom's GSoC page and the Easy Projects page. I
have checked out the code and built it as well. Currently I am looking
around the repo and will start working on a project listed on the Easy
Projects page. Am I moving in the correct direction for getting started?
Is there something more I can do? Any suggestion/advice is welcome.

I have taken an introductory course in the C language at my University
and a basic Digital Circuits course. I am experienced with Linux and
version control tools. I am new to open-source development.
Academically, I am interested in Embedded Systems and Computer
Architecture, in which I hope to pursue higher studies. I consider
contributing to flashrom (and perhaps coreboot) as an opportunity to
learn more about these fields.

You can find me on IRC (Freenode and OFTC) under the nick hatim. I am
already a member of the #flashrom channel.

Thank you for your time and help.

Hatim

--

http://hatimak.me