[flashrom] BX100: there is a Linux tool to flash ROM images through any SATA adapter

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jan 12 20:57:08 CET 2016

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 18:47:43 +0100
Elmar Stellnberger <estellnb at elstel.org> wrote:

>  I would love to see HDD/SSD
> firmware flashing being supported by flashrom through some more SATA
> controllers.

Unless it supports at least some kind of addressing I don't deem it
within the scope of flashrom. Just reading a complete file and piping
it into an API (which library do they use BTW?) is nothing exciting that
requires the whole infrastructure of flashrom.
By addressing I mean e.g. a way to write only part of the underlying
flash memory.