[flashrom] BX100: there is a Linux tool to flash ROM images through any SATA adapter

Elmar Stellnberger estellnb at elstel.org
Tue Jan 12 18:47:43 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

  Lately I have updated the firmware of my BX100 SSD drive with the boot
CD as provided by http://www.crucial.com/support/ssd. As it turned out
the boot CD is powered by Linux and the busybox the firmware image being
provided under /opt/firmware/MU02/1.bin in /boot/core.gz which is a
gzipped cpio file.
  Would anyone care to analyse this media? I would love to see HDD/SSD
firmware flashing being supported by flashrom through some more SATA
controllers.

Elmar

P.S.: if my hint should not have been particularely helpful I would like
to know about that as well ...