[flashrom] Successful flashing of a Dell Latitude D630

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Jan 3 05:25:19 CET 2016

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 14:47:15 +0100
Márton Miklós <martonmiklosqdev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> My "try to flash all old stuff at home with flashrom" project continued.
> Today's victim was a Dell Latitude D630 with discrete VGA and BIOS version
> A07.
>
> I have successfully updated to the A17 BIOS version with the latest flasrom
> from svn.
>
> Now I have not forgotten to log the write so here it is:
> http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=2853
>
> I have also created a board enable patch to whitelist this notebook:
> http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=2854
>
> I have added the PCIe root hub's VID:PID without SSID and the SMBUS
> controller with SSID to the whitelisting PCI devices.

Hi,

thanks for your report and patch. The latter is not quite right.
Have you tested it?

Quote from the comment above the board_enable table:
>  * When a board is matched through DMI, the first and second main PCI IDs
>  * and the first subsystem PCI ID have to match as well. If you specify the
>  * first subsystem ID as 0x0:0x0, the DMI matching code expects that the
>  * subsystem ID of that device is indeed zero.

So the two PCI device should be swapped (or the first one should be
completed). I have implemented the swap locally.

Also, the right function to call is p2_whitelist_laptop because that
Dell thing is really a laptop (and not misdetected as one).

Finally, the system should also be added to the laptop table in print.c

I have done all that and will commit it later together with other small
changes.