[flashrom] Supports flash rom qnap devices

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Feb 21 16:43:03 CET 2016

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 11:17:26 +0100
"forensic.technologie" <forensic.technologie at gmx.de> wrote:

> Supports flash rom also Qanp nas devices . If so you could describe how.

Hi,

I am not aware of any reports regarding qnap devices and flashrom.
However, a websearch suggests that Qnap uses flashrom for their
firmware upgrades themselves. I assume however that this "flashrom"
binary is not identical to the flashrom this mailing list is above but
either something completely different or a modified version.
In the later case the company would owe you the GPL information and
source code if they gave you a binary containing the executable. In any
case we can not really help you further without more details about the
device.