[flashrom] [coreboot] FOSDEM 2017

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Sat Dec 10 10:36:19 CET 2016

Hi,

Le vendredi 19 août 2016 à 15:57 +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger a écrit :
> Do we want to have a full developer room, a talk or just a stand?

I see that the wiki indicates there will be a Coreboot table this year !

As I'll try to come to FOSDEM again this year, I thought I could help with the
Coreboot stand. I could bring a bunch of CrOS devices running (upstream)
Coreboot and various tools (programmers, clips, etc) and maybe a G505s too.

Are other people interested in helping with the stand? Perhaps we should start
coordinating since FOSDEM isn't that very far away now.

Also, I was wondering about next year: perhaps it would make sense to organize a
low-level developer room, oriented towards topics such as boot software
(including Coreboot, Libreboot, U-Boot, OpenPOWER, etc) as well as hardware-
support aspects in Linux and standalone firmware (such as EC). It seems that
what came closest to it in the past years (and this one included) is the
Embedded devroom, which isn't really a good fit, so it feels like FOSDEM is
missing out on these topics each year.

What do you think of the idea?

Cheers!

--
Paul Kocialkowski, developer of free digital technology at the lower levels

Website: https://www.paulk.fr/
Coding blog: https://code.paulk.fr/
Git repositories: https://git.paulk.fr/ https://git.code.paulk.fr/