[flashrom] Unsupported Lenovo Thinkpad X200

Alexander Waldmann melchior at tfwno.gf
Sun Aug 21 11:58:37 CEST 2016

On Sat, 6 Aug 2016 18:31:15 +0200
Nico Huber <nico.h at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello Alexander,
>
> On 06.08.2016 12:28, Alexander Waldmann wrote:
> >
> > Basically what it says on the tin. One of my X200 systems works with
> > flashrom's internal programmer, as expected, but a recently
> > acquired one does not, I get the error about unsupported laptop.
> > Using the laptop:force_I_want_a_brick option seems to work, I've
> > used it to update a few times.
> >
> > Attached are the requested command outputs, dmidecode and lspci -nn.
> > System is currently running Libreboot beta. Flashrom version tested
> > was 0.9.9 on several distros.
> your X200 has a different version of the ICH9 southbridge (ICH9M
> [8086: 2919] instead of ICH9M-E [8086:2917], the AMT enabled
> variant). Please try the following: Duplicate the X200 line in
> board_enable.c and replace 2917 with 2919 in the duplicate. If the
> board detection works, please send a verbose log (-o option) of your
> next flash update together with the patch.
>
> Regards,
> Nico

What you suggested seems to have done the trick. Log attached is
writing a patched Lenovo BIOS to my flash, also the layout file as I
only wrote the "bios" region. Writing the rest would've caused problems.

I don't actually know how to generate patches, or whether anything else
on the duplicated line needs to be altered so I haven't done that.

Cheers.

(Also apologies for the very late response I accidentally mailed to the
wrong place, I assume.)