[flashrom] Windows Help

Urja Rannikko urjaman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 17:05:23 CEST 2016

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 5:56 PM, Jason Jacobs
<Jason.Jacobs at firstsolar.com> wrote:
> Urja,
>
> Thanks for the response.  The issue I am having is setting the baud in Windows to 20000000, it gets rounded down to 115200.  I have been unsuccessful in all the attempts to get around this.  There is a way to alias a baud in the FTDI drivers so that when you set the baud to 300 for instance, it is actually 2000000.  I tried this, and it didn’t work in flashrom but I did verify that the port is actually being set to 2000000 and data is being send to the Arduino at 2000000.
>
> My question is, does flashrom do anything with the baud rate setting other than just set the port?  Is it used for timing internally?  If so, that would explain why flashrom doesn’t work with aliasing when I set the baud to 300 (which is actually 20000000).
You should use the newest flashrom (0.9.9), flashrom has supported
arbitrary baudrates (anything the driver supports) on windows since
svn revision 1909... (it is then also possible to omit specifying the
baudrate... IIRC the result is that the one selected in device manager
would be used...).

--
Urja Rannikko