[flashrom] Windows Help

Urja Rannikko urjaman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 16:23:09 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 4:41 PM, Jason Jacobs
<Jason.Jacobs at firstsolar.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> First, thanks for the awesome software and all the time you put into this.
> I am trying to use it on windows with serprog.  I installed libusb and setup
> my device with libusb and installed the driver.  How do I tell flashrom to
> use my libusb device now?  I tried
> serprog:dev=<devicenameindevicemanager>:2000000 but it didn’t work.  I have
> been searching a ton on how to do this but can’t figure it out.

For serprog, you shouldnt be installing a libusb driver for the
device, but just a normal serial port driver
(an .ini is needed for CDC ACM ports before win10, or an FTDI provided
driver for ftdi devices, etc)
, then use -p serprog:dev=COMx:2000000
where x is the COM port number in device manager for the serial port.

(Also, be aware that this all works better on linux since thats where
most of the developer resources are.)