[flashrom] FS Esprimo E5730: writing rom images seems to work correctly

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Sep 30 01:24:41 CEST 2015

On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 22:11:37 +0200
Elmar Stellnberger <estellnb at elstel.org> wrote:

> Today I was about to try write support for flashrom with the Xi 3650
> BIOS and see whether it would work. The two images used for write were
> not too different (the only difference was a BIOS setting letting you
> choose between the on-board graphics card and an Nvidia Geforce 9600M
> GT). Nonetheless it seems to have written (and erased) at least one
> block of the BIOS ROM correctly.

Hi,

but you are definitely sure, that they actually were different (e.g.
different MD5 checksum)?
We should add that board to our laptop white list since 1) it is no
laptop, 2) works flawlessly anyway.
To that end, can you please send us the 'lspci -nn' output of that
system and the file named 'e5730.log' created by
'flashrom -p internal:laptop=force_I_want_a_brick -o e5730.log'
Thanks!