[flashrom] MX25L25635E / 4 byte addressing

Peter Martini petercmartini at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 14:59:59 CEST 2015

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 3:12 AM, Stefan Tauner <
stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 02:26:39 -0400
> Peter Martini <petercmartini at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've checked out master from the flashrom svn repo, compiled, and was
> able
> > to see my chip (MX25L25635E).  The id wasn't recognized, but after a
> quick
> > patch to copy a MX25L128... to ..L256.., I got it to successfully read
> the
> > first 16MB of the chip - however, I can't get any further than that,
> > because changing the values in the table to the right values moves me
> from
> > 3 byte addressing to 4 byte addressing territory (if I understand this
> > correctly), and it looks like there aren't any patches merged for that
> yet.
> >
> > Is there a patch set actively in the works?
>
> Nope, there isn't, at least nothing that I know about or that will hit
> vanilla flashrom soon.
>
> --
> Kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Stefan Tauner

Thanks for the quick reply.  I did some digging, and found a patch set from
January, resurrected and forward ported to the current tip of flashrom on
github.com/petermartini/flashrom, and confirmed it worked well enough that
it worked on my chipset.

This was Boris' work, and I guess it was incomplete / petered out before
being committed; does it ring any bells?

It seems the thread petered out around
http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2015-January/013168.html.

I'm happy to help, if I can, get that patch set merged in if there's work
to be done on it so I can upstream my chipset's specs.

Thanks!
Peter