[flashrom] Flash chip/chipset not found

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Oct 29 01:36:35 CET 2015

Hi Mark,

would it be possible for you to generate a log file using the additional
parameter
--output logfile.txt
when doing a read of the flash chip, then send that log file to us?
That would help us to finally merge support for the VT8251 chipset in
your point-of-sale IBM/Toshiba AnyPlace Kiosk Model 48xx series. We have
a strict rule that flashrom must be 100% reliable and thus we keep log
files for any newly supported/tested chipset around for reference. Your
log file would be used as reference for VT8251.

That said, it would be very interesting to know where the settings are
actually stored. Have you looked into the top 128 bytes of NVRAM? Maybe
there is another flash chip? Is there any way to trace what the
save/restore tool does (i.e. does it run on Linux)?