[flashrom] trouble flashing EN25S64 on Lenovo N21 chromebook

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Oct 3 22:56:35 CEST 2015

On Sat, 3 Oct 2015 10:13:36 -0700
Kyle Stanevich <kstanevich at imsa.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have attached all the output from my command line. Hopefully it will
> be useful for you.
>
> Do you think that I will ever have a chance to flash this chip, or
> should I go and buy another laptop?

Hi,

first of all you should not reboot before fixing the issue.
If you made a backup first, you should try to write that instead.
If that works you are at least safe...

I am not familiar with the N21 but you probably have to disable a write
protection. Also, chromebooks work best with google's (chromiumos')
version of flashrom.