[flashrom] Fwd: Unable to make a dump of Macronix MX 25L3205D

Sergio businessnzd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 15:23:05 CET 2015

Hi. I was trying to make a dump of my Macbook Pro 15 Mid-2010 chip and was
unsuccessful.
Previously I was able to make dumps and write them to the Macbook Pro 13
Early-2011 and Late-2011 models with similar EFI chips. I've tried
different pinouts and AUX Low/HIGH (just in case) and it didn't worked. I
use Bus Pirate v3.0a with latest updated Firmware 6.1. In the log it says
5.1 but the same result I've got with the 6.1 Firmware of Bus Pirate.The
exact EFI chip model that I was unable to read is MX 25L3205D. Attaching
the log file for more info. In other attempts, without specifying chip it
gives me just Generic type of chip with 0 voltages. Any info/help would be
greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Sergio