[flashrom] Will FlashROM support SPI programmer based on CH341A?

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 10 23:57:23 CET 2015

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 17:55:08 +0300
Sergey SFH <arhichief at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greatings. I want to buy SPI FLASH programmer based on CH341A. Will
> FlashROM work with this type of programmers? And if it will, how I have to
> use FlashROM with this programmer?

Hi Sergey,

it does not yet, but it will eventually. I have a programmer with that
chip and some code but it is not completely ready. And it is in this
state since July and I did not find time to complete it yet. So to be
honest... it might take another few months until I finish it. There is
another open source utility that supports the programmer but is a bit
limited compared to flashrom. You can find the other software here:
https://github.com/setarcos/ch341prog