[flashrom] Newbie with Questions, HP2000 B IOS, Nexus Tablets

Larry Griffin l_g_griffin at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 03:40:26 CEST 2015

New to the list, I have a Laptop HP2000z-300 running Ubuntu needs BIOS
upgrade, also Nexus 7 WIFI and Mobile (2013) want to install Ubuntu
Touch on. I check the hardware compatibility list and thought it was
vague for the HP. I've installed Flashrom and the install appears to
have gone correctly. Unfortunately I have a problem interpreting man
pages. I've downloaded the BIOS upgrade from HP, but can't open it with
Archive Manager. I have 30 years experience (started with CP/M) working
with PC computers.

Flashrom would b e great if it will work with all my devices.

Best regards, Larry