[flashrom] W836xx: To be filled by O.E.M.: flashrom -V

Florian Schroeter flav0ured.blueprint at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 14:34:39 CET 2015

Dear flashrom Developers,

I am writing you because I want to set up a proper Linux on my Laptop,
which I imported from china. It's clearly an imitation of some Acer
Aspire One Model. When I got it, the packaging was labeled as "Spire One"...

W-Lan and Bluetooth, sound, battery state and brightness controls as
well as function keys seem to work under windows but not under Linux. I
guess the ACPI tables provided by the hardware do poorly support any OS
different from Microsoft Windows.

I had hoped that a BIOS update could maybe fix the buggy ACPI tables but
wasn't able to update the bios using flashrom. As suggested by your tool
I'll put the verbose output of flashrom into the attachment.

Kind regards
Florian Schröter