[flashrom] Support for AT25080

Roy Krikke roykrikke at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 12:04:56 CET 2015

Hello,

Is there support for the AT25080B device from ATMEL? It is not in the
supported device list.

http://www.atmel.com/Images/Atmel-5228-SEEPROM-AT25080B-160B-Datasheet.pdf

Need to flash the AT25080B which is connected to a 82574L from intel. There
are two 82574L with two AT25080B on my board. If I read from the first
AT25080B the data is fine and I can also flash is. But the second one is
not working at all.

I compared/checked the SPI communication of the first one with the second
one. This looks the same. So I thought maybe the second AT25080B is broken.
After replacing it, still the same result.

I hope to get is to work if I could flash is not by the SPI interface of
the 82574L, but by an in systerm programming (ISP). Example shown in
http://satxhackers.org/wp/hack-content/uploads/2013/04/rPI_flashrom.pdf

Any kind of help is welcome.

Thanks,

Roy