[flashrom] Compile under MinGW32, how?

Topolinux mailing_l1st at yahoo.it
Sun Mar 15 21:41:22 CET 2015

Hi guys,
sorry to disturb you.
Based on instructions I saw here:
http://flashrom.org/Windows
I installed MinGW32 on my Windows XP machine in order to try to compile the latest flashrom release which I need.
Sadly I'm unable to compile anything because I get the errors as follow:

$ make
Files don't seem to be under version control. Replacing all version templates wi
th 0.9.8-r1888.
Package libftdi was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libftdi.pc'
No package 'libftdi' found
Package libusb was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libusb.pc'
No package 'libusb' found
Checking for a C compiler... found.
Target arch is x86
Target OS is MinGW
Checking for libusb-0.1/libusb-compat headers... .test.c:3:23: fatal error: lusb
0_usb.h: No such file or directory
 #include <lusb0_usb.h>
                       ^
compilation terminated.
not found.

Please install libusb-0.1 headers or libusb-compat headers.
See README for more information.

make: *** [hwlibs] Error 1

A weird thing is that I had to manually install the pkg-config package, that isn't listed in the instructions.
Anyway I'm pretty sure I have all the files in the right places and I guess my fault is due the fact I'm not able to figure how and where edit the PKG_CONFIG_PATH that indeed I haven't in nowhere.
I wonder where I can see an example of PKG_CONFIG_PATH, any suggestions?
Thanks.
I need compile flashrom for Bus Pirate, so is there any mandatory flag that have to be set?
Honestly I didn't know it was so complicated to compile for Windows, by read of the instructions it seemed to me pretty easy, but it isn't.
Is perhaps there any documentations that explain clearly how do the job?
I think that a description of the folders and the files inside them can be enough in order to understand, sadly I have seen nothing like that.
Last but not least.
Maybe I'm wrong, though seems to me that the way as MinGW is installed allows to move the installation easily, almost like an portable application.
Am I wrong?
If I'm not wrong this means that should be possible achieve a running environment if someone would provide one.
Anyway I'm pretty sure that being be able to see a working installation would help to settle the matter.
Thanks for reading!

Regards,

~Topolinux