[flashrom] ASUS M2N-MX board enable needed?

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 10 13:44:38 CET 2015

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 00:24:20 +0100
Márton Miklós <martonmiklosqdev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have tried to flash an Asus M2N-MX board, and it failed (if I think it
> well it needs board enable patch).
> The chip is a SST49LF040B as the flashrom detected. (Checked physically)
>
> Product page can be found here:
> http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2NMX/
>
> Latest BIOS can be found here:
> http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socketAM2/M2N-MX/M2NX1004.zip
>
> I have forgotten to save lspci and superiotool logs, let me know if it
> needed.
>
> Thank you for your help in advance!

Hello,

yes indeed it needs a board enable and we tried (unsuccessfully) to come
up with one: http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/3710/

The pipermail link mentioned in the patch has changed since then. It
should be
http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2010-February/002279.html
I can not remember what we tried... maybe it is only a matter of
changing "raise" to "lower" or we got the wrong gpio pin... I don't
know. Feel free to play around/reverse engineer and please report back
any findings ;)