[flashrom] About frser-duino baudrate and other stuff (was Re: MX25L6445E erase and write failed!)

Urja Rannikko urjaman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:12:44 CET 2015

Hi,

>> I got a bit carried away reading the serprog-duino firmware code
>> and decided to just see what it'd look like with my frser-* codebase.
>> So, fresh out of the oven, and untested (i tested on my m644p before i
>> converted it for the m328p):
>> https://github.com/urjaman/frser-duino
>> To use it:
>> git clone git://github.com/urjaman/frser-duino
>> cd frser-duino
>> make && make program
>>
>> (the defaults are for the u2 arduino, eg. ttyACM0 and 115200, i didnt
>> have time to work the makefile magic that hard.)

So I heard this works at 115200...

I made a change in the Makefile that should allow you to change the
speed used by serprog* to something faster, namely 2000000 ;)
I think it should be okay - i remember gnutoo claiming the U2 can do
it with the delay he had added and i added that to frser-duino
uart.c...
(* without changing the bootloader speed...)

So, if you want to test that, in the frser-duino tree
git pull
and change the Makefile so it says
FRBAUD:=2000000
then
make && make program

And try out if everything still works.
(now with -p serprog:dev=/dev/ttyACM0:2000000 i guess)

Also compared to serprog-duino, frser-duino should
allow setting SPI frequency ( although the default 8mhz is propably
ok) but just in case of long wires...
eg -p serprog:dev=/dev/ttyACM0:2000000,spispeed=1M
The hardware can do 7 steps between 8 MHz and 125 kHz when the AVR is at 16 Mhz.

--
Urja Rannikko