[flashrom] MX25L6445E erase and write failed!

Urja Rannikko urjaman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 20:56:12 CET 2015

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 1:04 PM, Stefan Tauner
<stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Mar 2015 10:58:46 +0100
> The Raven <originalraven at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Am 01.03.2015 um 01:39 schrieb Stefan Tauner:

>> > As always ;) this is a serprog problem...
>> >
>> Are you really sure? I ask me why i get this error only on this chip?
>> I have tested a lot of MX-Chips and all worked fine. Only this chip does
>> not work, and
>> all of those chips stuck always at the same byte-count.
>> So i am not sure if this is a serprog problem. ;-)
>
> No, I am not 100% sure. But I don't trust that programmer at all.
> The indication I posted is written very late, way after the first
> error, but whenever I see it, I perceive the log as completely bogus.

Yeah I'm thinking propably a problem of the serprog device - "serprog-duino".
What is the exact hardware? (and link to firmware you used).

Also, just for all serprog users, I'd like to hear reports
(works/fails/faster/slower/???)
from using this branch:
https://github.com/urjaman/flashrom/tree/serprog-improvements
It might be better or it might show the failures of your serprog device faster.
I think the diagnostics are also slightly better for some cases.

--
Urja Rannikko