[flashrom] Gigabyte Ga-k8ns

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Jun 20 22:52:14 CEST 2015

On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 18:03:55 +0300
"nicolae788 ." <nicolae788 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, i want to inform you that Gigabyte Ga-k8ns was successfully flashed
> with the "boardenable=force". This is the 754 socket for AMD processors.
> The board has a non-existent jumper location were it's possible to solder a
> bridge to disable protection, but it works with the above option. I noticed
> that it identified this board as a 939 Pro version but it's not. However
> everything went smooth.

Hi Alex,

thanks for your report. Which version do you have exactly? There are
three different 754-socket boards named K8NS:

rev 1: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=1784#ov
rev 2: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2275#ov
pro rev 1: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=1783#ov

Can you please also provide the output of lspci -nnv and a flashrom
logfile (just add -o flashrom.log to the command line; no actual write
needed just probing for the chip would be enough)?