[flashrom] Sweating by programming SPIs

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jun 18 00:05:23 CEST 2015

On Tue, 16 Jun 2015 00:01:29 +0200
jackjean <jackjean at vivaldi.net> wrote:

> > I have a "parallel" question : Do you know where I can find how to modify the GUID and MAC address of Laptop, and on which chip are these data stored ?
>
> > The reason of this question is that I have a Laptop which has a corrupted MAC address, that does not allow to install properly the Ethernet driver...

Nowadays this is often stored in the flash chip with the firmware. You
can try to find the wrong ones in the binary flashrom has read from the
chip if you stored that before writing other data. Be aware that the
data is probably stored in little endian thus all bytes might need to be
reversed to find it.