[flashrom] Macronix flash chip "MX25U6435E/F" (8192 kB, SPI) - Gigabyte J1900N-D3V Mainboard, write operation success.

Marcos Truchado marcos.truchado at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 00:00:51 CEST 2015

Base Board Information
        Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
        Product Name: J1900N-D3V
        Rev 1.x

As 0.9.8 this chip is still on test, I could flash It. Unfortunately I
didn't enable the log, so I execute again with the log feature enabled. It
refuses to flash because the content is the same, but hopefully the
information that you need is still there.

Have fun.

# flashrom --programmer internal
flashrom v0.9.8-r1888 on Linux 3.16.7-21-desktop (x86_64)
flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org

Calibrating delay loop... OK.
Active config mode, unknown reg 0x20 ID: 86.
Please send the output of "flashrom -V -p internal" to
flashrom at flashrom.org with W836xx: your board name: flashrom -V
as the subject to help us finish support for your Super I/O. Thanks.
Found chipset "Intel Bay Trail".

*Enabling flash write... OK.Found Macronix flash chip "MX25U6435E/F" (8192
kB, SPI) mapped at physical address 0x00000000ff800000.*
===

This flash part has status UNTESTED for operations: PROBE READ ERASE WRITE
The test status of this chip may have been updated in the latest development
version of flashrom. If you are running the latest development version,
please email a report to flashrom at flashrom.org if any of the above
operations
work correctly for you with this flash chip. Please include the flashrom log
file for all operations you tested (see the man page for details), and
mention
which mainboard or programmer you tested in the subject line.
Thanks for your
help!