[flashrom] "FAILED:<Sorry I dont have board names>"!

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Tue Jun 9 00:56:56 CEST 2015

Hi Scott,

In IBM's case, judging by the address offset (0x1000), it is likely that
the management engine (assuming this is an Intel-based machine) is blocking
access to that portion of the firmware ROM. They can modify the flash
descriptor to allow read access to that region, or they can use a layout
file to tell flashrom not to attempt to read the ME region.

In Ericson's case, it could be that the timeout period for polling SCIP is
too low. ich7_run_opcode() and ich9_run_opcode() in ichspi.c use a 60ms
delay. Perhaps that is not enough time for a bulk erase on the N25Q128?