[flashrom] 3Com 3C905-TX Support

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jul 9 10:00:02 CEST 2015

On Wed, 8 Jul 2015 23:24:52 -0500
Bruno Rocca <brunorocca at outlook.com> wrote:

> Good evening, I have used flashrom for DOS on two NICs (Realtek and Intel) and have successfully flashed 128KB chips (AMD and SST). I also have a 3Com 3C905-TX, but flashrom does not support it. The vendor ID is 10B7 and the device ID is 9050. Is there any way to force flashrom to flash with this NIC? I hope this can be done. Thank you very much for your help, flashrom is an excelent tool.

Hi,

there is a pci programmer parameter to select one of multiple PCI
devices but I don't think there is a way to force the driver to use it,
if it does not in its list of supported devices.
I am not exactly sure why we have never added the ID. I think Idwer had
problem with his model, but apparently someone has used the following
patch successfully but it was not merged.
http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/4086/raw/

I have applied a similar patch (attached) and built a DOS executable
for you:
http://buildbot.flashrom.org/buildresults/flashrom-000180-Hie/dos/flashrom.exe