[flashrom] please reject my two previous letters

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jan 9 22:49:56 CET 2015

On Fri, 9 Jan 2015 23:54:28 +0300
Boris Baykov <dev at borisbaykov.com> wrote:

> Ok, in my next letter I'll sent the patch to the current revision as attach
> in bzip2 because my mail system completely doesn't want to send the patch
> without changing tabs to spaces or wrapping strings.

OK!

> Please explain how is better to split this patch to make it easy for review.

We want to verify all changes to flashrom in quite some detail to keep
it as stable as it is. A single huge patch like yours takes a very long
time to fully understand. It is probably not even possible to review
such a big change in one go without making some mistakes or overlook
error of the original author. Smaller independent patches could be
reviewed entirely without getting too much of a headache. Does that
make sense to you?

Of course it is a lot of work to split an existing patch into smaller
standalone bits... so maybe, if you would really like to do that, it
would be better to wait for a first feedback from us... we will
probably like you to change a few things anyway. Of course you are not
obliged to do anything at all if you don't want to, we are grateful for
your patch as it is... :)