[flashrom] about CH341A programmer

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jan 6 20:31:04 CET 2015

On Tue, 6 Jan 2015 05:20:22 +0500
novoagansk at gmail.com wrote:

> Здравствуйте, .
>
> Sorry, Please tell me about: how add support for this programmer in flashrom?
>
> If  you  can  -  please  tell  me  "example" how USB device parallel add in
> flashrom.
>
> or other links to support any usb devices in flashrom..
>

> CH341A usb chip:
> http://www.seekic.com/circuit_diagram/Basic_Circuit/USB_to_parallel_serial_circuit_diagramch341.html

There is not much information available about that chip. The available
English datasheets do not cover the most important part: the
communication protocol between the chip and the host. Without that it
is not exactly trivial to add support for it in flashrom. One has to
reverse engineer the protocol first. Members of the flashrom community
have done that for the Dediprog SF100 once but they are no longer
active, so please don't expect it to be done. dediprog.c is probably
the most similar programmer flashrom currently supports because it is
the only one that uses a completely custom USB protocol.