[flashrom] OTP support

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jan 6 11:26:56 CET 2015

On Tue, 6 Jan 2015 05:30:11 +0500
novoagansk at gmail.com wrote:

> Sorry, Stefan, i can inadequate question to you?
>
> I need read unique ID info and OTP zones from W25Q64BV, W25Q64CV and W25Q64FV
> chips. also, MX25L6405
>
> Please, maybe is it patch or OTP_version of flashrom to read it datas?

No, current there is no OTP support in flashrom and no patch available.
It would not be too hard to add it though... I just had no time yet.
SPIPGM (the original DOS program for the rayer programmer) apparently
got support for reading the unique IDs of winbond chips lately. Maybe
that is enough for your purposes. You can find it here:
http://rayer.g6.cz/programm/programe.htm

I was wondering for a long time when/if the OTP zones would be used.
Did you encounter them "in the wild" in some product?