[flashrom] Asus P5W-DH board enable problem

nicolae788 . nicolae788 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 14:26:35 CET 2015

Hello,

I am trying to write a chip SST 49LF008A in a P5W-DH board. This is not the
original chip of the board, it's a hot flash. The flashrom properly detects
the ICH7R chipset and the chip described above, but can only read from it
no erase or write. The problem is that it does not enable the TBL pin on
the chip, it stays low. I checked if the pin can be enabled by using the
onboard flash utility from whitin the original BIOS of this board an i get
a high on that pin ( +3.3V ) so it means that the chipset it's doing the
work if properly enabled.

I tryied specifying another board model that has the same chipset, but it
exists with a message that " no suitable boar enable found for the board
name and manufacturer...".

I tried with version 0.9.7-r1711 and 0.9.5.2-r1546 under linux. Both gave
the same results.

When it tries to erase/write to the chip i get
"erase failed at 0x00000000! expected=0xff read=0x6d, failed byte count
from 0x00000000 - 0x0000ffff: 0x837
erase failed !
Reading current flash chip contents...done. erase failed at 0x00000000!
Expected 0x0xff, Read=0x6d, failed byte count from 0x00000000 - 0x0000ffff:
0x66dc
Erase failed !
Failed !

Can someone please instruct me on how to proceed further? Thank you very
much for your kindness.

Alex.