[flashrom] Flashrom Bug for MX25L6405(D) parts

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 11 22:16:20 CET 2015

On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 17:38:52 +0000
"McMurtrey, Reggie (GE Intelligent Platforms, US)"
<reggie.mcmurtrey at ge.com> wrote:

> Looks like a bug in flashchips.c relating to the MX25L6405(D) chip.  The first entry in the .block_erasers array seems to be wrong.
>
> Currently it is:
>
> .block_erasers    =
> {
>                 {
>                                 .eraseblocks = { {64 * 1024, 128} },
>                                 .block_erase = spi_block_erase_20,
>                 }, {
> […]

Thanks for noticing. The block partitioning shown is correct for the
6405 w/o the D suffix. That is what was added originally to flashrom.
Later someone (probably myself) has changed the name to include (D)
because they share the same RDID, but as you correctly state... the
6405D is erased in (the usual) 4kB-sized blocks with the 0x20 opcode.
I have corrected the situation by splitting the definition into two
with correct details.