[flashrom] Not detecting Am29F010 using 3Com PCI nic

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Dec 25 03:24:13 CET 2015

On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 08:34:58 +0200
"Ignatius Grippa" <ignatiusgrippa at gmx.com> wrote:

> I found a solution that works.
> I changed the AM29F010A/B entry inside flashchips.c
> Under ".feature_bits" I removed FEATURE_ADDR_2AA leaving only FEATURE_EITHER_RESET, After recompiling, flashrom now detects my Am29F010 and it also successfully reads and writes!
> I'm not a programmer so I can't explain why this works but it does.

Hi,

that feature flag changes the behavior of the probe command and is
exactly what was needed to get the AM29F010 version to work, thanks for
digging this up. I have created a patch that splits the old definition
into two, which allows to distinguish the chips. I'd be glad if you
could test it if you still have the hardware. The patch is attached.