[flashrom] Support for Rangely Chips with Winboad W25Q64.V tested

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Dec 24 21:53:56 CET 2015

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 13:41:29 -0500
Jeremy Porter <jporter at netgate.com> wrote:

> I noticed that both the chip and the chipset show as untested on the wiki.
> I can confirm that these work, as we use flashrom extensively on our,
> Netgate RCC-VE 2440, 4860, 8860, and our DFF-2220. systems.
> (The boards just have differing amounts of Ram/ethernet ports and CPUs)
> These are based on the Intel Rangely Chipset  PCI ID 8086:1f38.
>
> So if you want to update the wiki, those can be marked as tested and
> working.  (We've flashed hundreds of systems).

Hello Jeremy,

thanks for your report!
I have marked the chipset as tested and will commit that later together
with other small changes. If you want me to add any boards as well
please reply with a list of exact names (preferably of boards instead
of systems if the board names are known by customers or printed on the
boards) and URLs to respective product pages (preferable stable URLs
that won't change too soon ;)